Currently manufactured by Taurus Forjas S.A., located in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Currently imported by Taurus International Mfg., Inc. located in Miami, FL since 1982. Beginning 2007, Taurus Tactical, a separate entity, was created for law enforcement/military sales and service.
All Taurus products are known for their innovative design, quality construction, and proven value, and are backed by a lifetime repair policy. Taurus order number nomenclature is as follows:
- The first digit followed by a dash refers to type (1 = pistol, 2 = revolver, 3 = rifle/carbine, 5 = magazines, accessories, or grips, and 10 = scope mount bases),
- The next 2 or 3 digits refer to model number,
- The next digit refers to type of hammer (0 = exposed, 1 = concealed)
- The next digit refers to barrel length,
- The last digit refers to finish (1 = blue, 9 = stainless),
- The suffix at the end refers to special features (T = total titanium, H = case hardened, M = matte finish, UL = Ultra-Lite, C = compensator [ported], G = gold accent, R = rosewood grips, PRL = mother-of-pearl grips, and NS = night sights).
Hence, 2-941029UL refers to a Model 941 Ultra-Lite revolver in .22 Mag. cal. with an exposed hammer and a 2 in. barrel in stainless steel. See our catalog for the various models of Taurus handguns currently available.